The clubhouse model is a well-tested, evidence-based recovery model
- This model demonstrates that people with a serious mental illness can successfully live productive lives and work in the community, regardless of the nature or severity of their illness.
- The participants are called members, not patients, and the focus is on their strengths, not their illness.
- Work in the clubhouse—whether it is clerical, data, meal preparation or reaching out to their fellow members—provides the core healing process.
Every opportunity provided is the result of the efforts of the members and small staff, who work side by side in a unique partnership.
- The Clubhouse follows a set of standard guidelines (36), developed by Clubhouse International that fosters a particular environment that is welcoming and helpful.
- Club Fellowship is a member of the Florida Clubhouse Coalition and Clubhouse International
- In September 2013, Club Fellowship received a 3 year accreditation, becoming the first accredited clubhouse in Miami-Dade County